Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Pretoria
Direct Reporting Line:Head: Finance
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College Pretoria campus has a vacancy for a Credit Controller (Maternity Cover).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Debtors Books, Age Analysis and Debtors Calling
- Telephones account holders on a daily basis
- Assists student's account holders with queries on their accounts by explaining how the statement works
- Conducts follow up calls with account holders of all accounts that have promised to pay on particular dates
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Lists student numbers accurately on the bank statement to enable accurate allocation on SAM
- Allocates credit cards accurately for daily banking against the student accounts on SAM
- Lists unallocated payments daily on a spreadsheet to be submitted to the bank for a follow up
- Allocates payment on AX
Suspension and Hand Over Accounts
- Prepares suspension of account documents for all 60 days, 90 days and 120 day overdue accounts
- Prepares hand over documents of students that don't pay as promised and those accounts that are over 90 days overdue
Adjustments, Refunds and Credit Balances
- Reviews books of debtors and prepares adjustments, refunds and credit balances for wrong billings, wrong payment allocations, bursaries and transfer students
Statements, Letters and Account Payment Plans
- Prints statements of all accounts
- Prints payment plan spreadsheets
- Prints overdue letters with 90 day statements
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- Time management skills
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Minimum of Higher Certificate/ Occupational Certificate level 5 in Finance.
Minimum Work Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of 3 years credit control experience.
- This position is a Fixed Term Contract for Maternity Cover for these dates: (25 JANUARY 2021 to 31 MAY 2021)