Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Pietermaritzburg
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
A Lecturer vacancy exist at the Pietermaritzburg campus for the 2021 first semester on the following modules:
- Business Studies
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- Understanding of customer service in education
- Demonstrate an ability to manage work and self proactively
Minimum Education Requirements:
- A minimum of a B.Ed. Honour's degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (at NQF level 8)
- Humanities/Arts/Sciences/Social Sciences Honours degree
- The undergraduate or postgraduate qualification must include a module on Teaching and Learning/Pedagogy.
- The undergraduate qualification or postgraduate qualification must include component subjects to at least NQF level 6 (usually the 2nd year of study)
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous lecturing experience within tertiary environment is advantageous.
- Current industry knowledge is essential.
- Please note that this is an independent contractor position.
- Please note: Positions are part-time, with lecturers taking place between 08:30 and 17:00. Part time classes do run later in the evenings.
- Please ensure ALL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS are submitted with your application.