Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Campus Head
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a Head: IT Support at our Sandton Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the full ICT department's daily activities
- Ensuring that all the IT aspects are considered in the planning of the growth of the campus
- Fixed assets (Computer equipment) management
- Telephone system management (Usage reports)
- Budget management with consultation
- Be part of the planning of the time tables
- Ensuring that the access control is working
- Identification of shortfalls in our systems and to motivate for the necessary adjustments
- Ensuring that all the ICT staff is up-to-date with new developments within the group and also within the ICT environment.
- Scheduling training sessions for staff members.
- Managing the IT intern process end having monthly progress meetings
- Organisation skills
- People skills
- Diplomacy, patience, and discipline
- Customer service
- Solutions focused
- Systems, processes & configuration
- Can do approach
- Management skills
- Numeric acumen
- Communication in business language
- Decision Making
- Technically minded
- Problem Solving
- The ability to operate independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to accept responsibility and be accountable for tasks assigned and is willing to accept additional responsibilities.
- Customer service skills requiring a responsive, proactive and friendly disposition with a strong sense of urgency and on-going feedback and communication.
- Confident and assertive personality.
- Thorough knowledge of managing teams and personnel
- Above average written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to research subjects, with a commitment to provide continuous improvement
- To work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations in a logical manner
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organisational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
Knowledge and Experience :
- Proven track record in management of teams and personnel.
- Have worked in a large site involving matrix authorities.
- Educational institutional experience preferable.
- Demonstrable track record in support management.
- Problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
- Display and apply knowledge of technologies including: Educational Systems, Business Systems, Infrastructure Networks, Wireless, server virtualisation and an awareness and understanding of additional software programmes and technologies relevant to technical infrastructure environments.
- Initiative, creativity and effective planning in anticipating and addressing a broad range of business, system and departmental problems.
- Conflict resolution skills.
Minimum Qualification Required:
- 3-year IT Degree
- ITIL foundation
- Industry qualification e.g. MCSE, CCNA
Minimum Work Experience Required:
- Minimum 3-5 years IT Service Support experience
- Management at least 2 years project planning and problem solving experience essential.
- Non- EE Role