Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Pretoria
Direct Reporting Line:Head: Student Services
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Pretoria campus has a vacancy for a Student Relations Manager
The Student Relations Manager duties include:
Counselling to Students
- Provides individual primary counselling to students
- Provides students with skills to deal with challenges
- Guides students through referral options.
- Addresses students via reception immediately or makes an appointment for counselling.
- Receives signed confidentiality and gains consent form from student.
- Establishes trustworthy relationships with students that opens channels for communication between the campus and students
- Develops initiatives that add to the students experience at Varsity College.
- Facilitates group counselling for students with similar problems.
- Establishes a referral network for secondary counselling.
- Presents Life Skills workshops addressing relevant social and emotional problems experienced by students.
- Creates awareness campaigns surrounding universal social and emotional issues.
- Facilitates guest speakers to address students on relevant topics
Community Engagement and Awareness Campaigns
- Designs campaigns that raise awareness
- Includes and involves Varsity College Cares students' team
- Sources people from theme, sets up venue, determines whole process.
- Facilitates engagements between Varsity College students and staff and Non Government Organisation (NGO).
- Involves students in sustainable community engagement outreach programmes.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders in the community
- Presents Life Skills workshops on community related issues, e.g. Reach for a dream
- Sources sponsors
- Trains interns on writing press releases
- Serves on Health and Safety (HESIO / HIV / AIDS/CSI) committee
- Provides information on it to staff, students and any relevant stakeholders.
- Provides First Aid.
Student Relations Administration
- Assists with registration.
- Communicates and liaises with returning students.
- Compiles and submits weekly status report.
- Compiles and submits monthly report to ADvNet on ADvTECH's give back.
- Compiles and submits national stakeholder report on monthly basis, e.g. Non Government Organisation (NGO), bursaries.
- Keeps records of each session as a maximum of 3 sessions may be provided per student issue.
- Compiles and submits a weekly Student Activity Report to National Student Relations Manager including statistics and whether student has been referred
- Maintains of a report and filing system of counselling interventions.
- Identifies Non Government Organisation (NGO) representatives who qualify for bursaries
- Determines and evaluates the needs of Non Government Organisation (NGO) representatives and their bursary requirements.
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Advanced Interpersonal skills
- Organisational and Planning Skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
- Bachelors Degree /Minimum of Postgraduate Diploma /Bachelor Honours Degree (NQF Level 8) in Counselling Psychology or Social Work.
- Registered as a social worker with SACSSP or equivalent/HPSCA
- Qualified Social Worker or Psychologist advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years Trauma Counselling and 2 years Community Engagement experience
- Non EE/AA position