Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE'S Varsity College in Sandton have lecturer vacancies in the School of Law for the following qualifications for the 2nd Semester 2020 academic year:
Lecturer: Faculty of Commerce
- Public Law:
- Foundations of SA law
- General Principles of Criminal Law
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- South African LLM (Public Law)
- South African 5 or 4-year law degree (B.Proc and/or LLB)
- Having been admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa and/or having been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa and having successfully completed pupillage by the incumbent is preferable.
- Foreign legal qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis under exceptional circumstances.
One or more of the following:
- Experience in teaching law modules at tertiary level
- Experience in teaching law modules for LEAD (Legal Education and Development)
- Work experience as a practicing attorney, advocate, legal advisor, magistrate, or otherwise in the legal profession
- Work experience in one of the parastatals or Chapter 9 Institutions as a legal advisor; assistant; commissioner at CCMA, a Bargaining Council (BC); a legal advisor for a registered trade union and/or trade union federation; or any other legal position held
- Please note that these are Independent Contractor roles.
- Positions are IC contracts, with lectures taking place between 08:00 and 17:00