Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Midrand
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager (School of Law)
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
Varsity College in Waterfall has an Independent Contract lecturer vacancy available on the following qualification for the 2020 academic year:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Communication Skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- South African LLM or equivalent degree
- South African 5 or 4-year law degree (B.Proc and/or LLB); and
- Being an attorney of the High Court of South Africa or an advocate of the High Court of South Africa: provided that pupillage had been completed successfully
- Incumbent must have been admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa, i.e. merely having successfully completed pupillage is not sufficient. Incumbent may have had her-/himself removed from the role of attorneys with a view to be placed on the role of advocates
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in teaching law modules at tertiary level
- Experience in teaching law modules for LEAD (Legal Education and Development)
- Work experience as a practicing attorney, advocate, legal advisor, magistrate, or otherwise in the legal profession
- Work experience in one of the parastatals or Chapter 9 Institutions as a legal advisor; assistant; commissioner at CCMA, a Bargaining Council (BC); a legal advisor for a registered trade union and/or trade union federation; or any other legal position held
- Please note that this is an independent contractor position.
- Please note: Positions are part-time, with lectures taking place between 08:30 and 16:30.