Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Pretoria
Direct Reporting Line:Vice-Principal Operations
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a : Planning & Scheduling Co-ordinator - Pretoria Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the process and advise the need to teach out a qualification. All requests require formal approval.
- Ensuring allocation of sessions are listed in line with approved phase out and teach out plan for the campus.
- Adhoc allocation of venues to various events throughout the year.
- Opportunity for building infrastructure is accounted for by the Capacity Management and Timetabling Centre as well as management of a campus level venue booking system.
- Liaising with the facilities team to report any problems with regards to the venue or to arrange for special requests regarding facilities.
- The examination centre would need to ensure planning of Computer room venue software, IT assessments, projectors and IT equipment issues in classrooms for Face to Face (F2F) Support.
- Assist Senior Planning & Scheduling Co-ordinator with planning of venues
Communicate any changes to the teaching timetable to students and lecturer.
- The Examination Centres would need to implement the Face to Face (F2F) National Support Schedule provided by the Online Centre
- The Capacity Management and Timetabling Centre is responsible for timetabling lecturers into the teaching timetabling and to manage changes to timetables during the academic year.
- Print daily registers for Lecturers and capture attendance on request.
- Monitors registers daily to identify students who are still not appearing as registered students as well as filing of registers.
- Manage the academic operational delivery of programmes.
- Communicate any changes to the teaching timetable to students and lecturer and manage the capturing of timetables onto the system.
- The Capacity Management and Timetabling Centre is responsible for allocating lecturers to the Face to Face (F2F) sessions once the academic team provides them with the lecturer allocation sheet and communicate the list of allocations to the Manager: Online Operations.
- Managing any requests received from the Face to Face (F2F) lecturer with the Manager: Online Operations, signed registers for the Face to Face (F2F) Support Sessions must be uploaded into Teams.
- Schedule supplementary sessions as required from the academic team.
- Captures attendance on request in System for Academic Management (SAM) and capture University of the Free State (UFS) attendance.
- Files the registers correctly
- Signed registers for the Face to Face (F2F) Support Sessions must be uploaded into Teams under the relevant Examination Centre.
- Preparing programme start packs for programme starts and conducting and capturing Student Evaluation of Teaching forms (SETs).
- Responsible for system set-up for SafeAssign and TurnItIn.
- Co-ordination of academic material for lecturers and maintaining a strong communication channel that supports all operational requirements.
- Liaison between the Capacity Management and Timetabling Centre and the Programme Managers on any programme related issue in support of the academic programme.
- Managing the corporate offer space.
- Maintain a strong communication channel that supports all operational requirements.
- Assisting with campus specific projects/events (Graduation, Open Day etc.)
Work collaboratively with the other departments.
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Time management skills
- Computer skills
- Best suited to a systematic person with an eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Three year Diploma or degree.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administration
- EE/AA position.