Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line:Vice-Principal Operations
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The IIE Varsity College has a vacancy for a : Customer Relations Officer - Cape Town Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
Academic Counselling - Rules for Progression
- Face to face consultation and administrative intervention required for students regarding their registration contracts.
- Inform students of alternate curriculum scenarios as long as it is in keeping with the rules governing the curriculum.
Programme Information Sessions and Class Visits
- Delivery of the academic orientation programme for new and returning students.
- Manage the dissemination of policies (new and updates).
- Attend informal meet-and-greet sessions with students and lecturers.
- Programme information sessions refer to class sessions to explain and induct students with relevant policies and procedures that govern their life on campus.
- Periodical class visits are conducted to canvas concerns and share relevant information.
- Support students on assignment submission regarding the correct anti-plagiarism tool applicable to their programme.
- Assisting students with VCLearn, The Student HUB, Turnitin, SafeAssign and Student Portal queries.
- Assisting Online students with relevant information to the distance study journey.
Student Query Resolution
- Resolve stakeholder queries within a committed time frame (student and parents).
- Respond timeously to student queries around financial and lecturer queries (telephonically/ email/ verbally).
- Capture all contact with students on System for Academic Management (SAM).
- Draft letters of conduct on request.
- Assist with The Student HUB queries that are unresolved or may require further attention.
- Assist with the roll out of all relevant customer related surveys.
Internal Query Resolution
- Liaison with the Admission Centre with queries associated with Admission and Graduation.
- Liaison with Finance use the Customer Relations Centre as a conduit for information to and from the student.
- Liaise with external institutions.
- Responsible for ensuring all students notes are captured in the System for Academic Management (SAM).
- Capture conversations had with students on Student Notes/System
- Supporting new members of staff with training where required.
- Regular focus group sessions. Discussions around the challenges and improvements on existing processes.
- Survey analysis consolidation and presentation to the team leader.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward our students.
- Maintain a good knowledge of products and policies to advise students accordingly.
Customer Relations Co-ordinator working hours :
Centre Core Hours:
- Monday to Thursday: 07h00 to 18h30
- Friday: 07h00 to 17h00
- Saturday: 08h00 to 13h00
- Monday to Thursday: 07h00 to 16h00
- Friday: 08h00 to 17h00
- Monday to Thursday: 09h30 to 18h30
- Friday: 07h00 to 11h00
- Saturday: 08h00 to 13h00
When students are not on campus throughout the year normal working hours apply.
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- Best suited to a systematic person with an eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 year Diploma or Bachelors Degree. Postgraduate qualification advantageous.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administration, 2 years in project or operational management, 2 years in a supervisory role and 3 years experience in customer service.
- EE/AA Position.