Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Westville
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal -Operations
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a : Results Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with capturing students automatic credits on the System for Academic Management (SAM) and determining whether a student qualifies for a credit prior to marks being captured.
- Ensure data entries for the summative assessment calculation have been complied with, the outcome is correct and results are released to the student portal.
Post Assessment Mark Collation:
- Facilitate the marking process with lecturers and ensuring these marking deadlines are managed according to the timeline.
- Co-ordinate marking deadlines with the Programme Manager (PM) and ensure that results capture sheets are emailed to lecturers timeously to prevent delays.
- Capture results / import result capture sheets into the System for Academic Management (SAM)
- Complete all activity logs relating to the marking process and ensuring all scripts are accounted for at any given point in time.
- Ensure Integrated Curriculum Engagement (ICE) results are captured by the lecturer outside the system and manage ICE milestone dates with lecturers.
- Engage in early detection mechanisms to ensure that student results discrepancy queries are minimal at a critical period in the semester.
- Responsible for verifying scripts received against the mark captured on the mark sheet for the Online Centre. The mark sheet is provided to the Online Centre for SAM processing.
Cumulative Assessment Mark Release (Formative):
- Capture all formative assessments.
- Compile Question by Question analysis when required.
- Ensure results entries captured for the cumulative assessment calculation have been complied with and include ICE (Integrated Curriculum Engagement) assessment results.
- Responsible for the compiling of Question by Question analysis for the Online Centre as the scripts will be available at the Results Centre.
- Support the academic teams in accessing scripts required for the internal moderation, decentralised marking process and marking centre. Support the workflow of these interdepartmental processes.
- Assist with the selecting and scanning scripts for moderation, completing the activity logs pertaining to steps involved in results, moderation and storage of an assessment.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager (PM) who is responsible for deciding which scripts are moderated and once confirmed, prepare all documents required for the moderation process to take place.
- Responsible for updating the Internal Moderation Tracking Grid.
- Assist with the New Moderation Tracking System (NMTS) upload process including upload of scripts and completion of a Moderation Control Sheet (MCS) to be included with every set of External moderation.
- Ensure External moderation is assigned to the relevant Central Academic Team (CAT) member and Head of Programme (HOP) outcome is actioned correctly as per the release instruction on the Moderation Control Sheet (MCS) at campus level.
- Responsible for updating the External Moderation Tracking Grid.
Post Assessment Mark Verification and Mark Release:
- Verify the mark that was captured against that which appears on the script.
- Assist with issuing academic reports to inform students of their results status.
- Responsible for contacting students where accounts are overdue to inform students of supplementary entry where applicable.
- Responsible for verifying scripts received for the Online Centre against the mark captured on the mark sheet. The mark sheet is provided to the Online Centre for System for Academic Management (SAM) processing.
Script Viewing and Remarks:
- Identify and co-ordinate script viewing requests made on The Student HUB report and inform the academic team to arrange a viewing appointment with the student.
- Identify and co-ordinate the remark request made on The Student HUB, check that payment has been made in respect of the request and co-ordinate the remark with an appropriate marker.
- Follow up on the remark process to ensure that it happens within the allotted time. Once the remark has been completed and returned to the Results Centre, the Results Centre is responsible for ensuring that the correct outcome is applied as per policy.
- Flag any marking discrepancies or concerns with regards to moderation and remarks with the Vice Principal - Academic (VPA)/ Programme Manager (PM).
- Metro file scripts and Portfolios of Evidence (POE's) for on and off site storage in line with the policy.
- Responsible for identify and co-ordinating the Online Centre script viewing requests made on The Student HUB report and arranging a viewing appointment for the Online student.
- Responsible for flagging any marking discrepancies or concerns with regards to moderation and remarks with the Online
- Teaching & Learning Manager.
- Assisting with campus specific projects/events (Graduation, Open Day etc.)
Work collaboratively with the other departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numeracy/ mathematical skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- MS Excel, MS Word
- High level of accuracy required in both typing and data capturing
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Best suited to a systematic person with an eye for detail
- Deadline focussed
- Minimum of Higher Certificate/ Occupational Certificate in Administration. Diploma or advanced qualification advantageous
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administration
- EE/AA position