Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Cape Town
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College Cape Town Campus has a vacancy for a : Lecturer : Psychology and Communications (Independent Contractor)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lecture on programmes (must lecture on an IIE qualification) across various modes of delivery where relevant.
Lecturer Development and Support
- Assist in lecturer development and support processes and procedures. This may include conducting peer reviews, facilitating workshops and one-on-one consultations.
Student Support and Development
- Championing/leading and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students.
- Tracking student success and implementing support interventions where required.
Marking, Moderation and Development
- Marking of assessments and feedback to students in subjects lectured. May be required to internally moderate assessments scripts that fall within their subject fields, where necessary across IIE sites of delivery.
- Engage in activies for professional development both in subject discipline and teaching practice.
- Communication Skills
- A relevant Honours degree (Masters preferred)
- Prior lecturing experience advantageous
- Market related (hourly rate)