Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Student Services
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a : PR & Events Co-ordinator - Sandton Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, building and maintaining strong media relationships within the community that the campus is located
- Understand the brand identity and ensure it is followed on all campus elements including: posters, flyers and campus look and feel as well as ensuring that all campus communications are geared towards maintaining a positive brand reputation
- Produce a high standard of written work, including media releases relating to campus sports, CSI initiatives, academic quality and social/student experience
- Brief campus photographer and liaise with other campus staff to ensure an even spread of sport, social, academic, cultural and community engagement events are photographed. Manage campus photography including supply to national office, press and online media.
- Liaise with national office in any crisis management situations (media).
- Ensure the planning and implementation of a comprehensive and balanced social, cultural and community engagement events offering both on and off the campus that will in turn positively impact on the marketing of the campus to prospective students.
- Recruitment and management the Student Liaison Body as well as VC Cares committee to encourage student participation to ensure students receive a full and well rounded experience at Varsity College.
- Management of the internal advertising for all social, cultural and community engagement events.
- Build relationships with third parties to ensure we have practical venues for all events and to ensure we have sponsorship opportunities and prizes for all major campus events including CSI initiatives and fundraising events
- Provide accurate reporting of all social and cultural events within the time frames provided.
- Assist the SRM in running community engagement and awareness campaign events on and off campus. Alternatively plan and implement community engagement and awareness campaigns where a campus does not have a SRM.
- High level of organisational, administrative, computer and interpersonal skills
- Drivers licence and own transport essential
- Good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- Effective time management skills
- Best suited to an energetic, motivated person, creative out-of-the-box thinker
- Proficient negotiation skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- PR or Marketing degree or diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 year full-time in either PR, Events and Community Engagement, social media management.