Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Principal
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a : Facilities Co-ordinator - Sandton Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs building inspections
- Receives maintenance requests
- Assesses issues raised and determines course of action
- Schedules maintenance work that needs to be done
- Provides work to casual worker or outsources to external contractor
- Performs proactive maintenance to prevent damage occurring to grounds and building
Supervision of Contractors
- Supervises contractors (Security; Canteen; Landscaping; Cleaners, Adhoc)
- Monitors contractors Service Level Agreement on an ongoing basis
- Receives daily lock up report from Servest contractor once check list has been done
Health and Safety
- Manages and maintains fire equipment
- Performs weekly, monthly and quarterly inspections
- Acts as Occupational Health and Safety representative
- Provides Incident reports
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication Skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Higher Certificate / Occupational Certificate Level 5 in Project Management and/or Facilites Management(NQF Level 5) + Electrical/Mechanical competance.
- Diploma in Project Management and/or Facilites Management(NQF Level 6) + + Electrical/Mechanical competance advantageous.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years facilities experience
- Non EE/AA Position.