Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Durban North
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Academic
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The IIE's Varsity College Durban North has a vacancy for a : Lecturer (Full-Time: School of Finance & Accounting)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lecture on programmes (must lecture on an IIE qualification) across various modes of delivery where relevant.
Lecturer Development and Support
Assist in lecturer development and support processes and procedures. This may include conducting peer reviews, facilitating workshops and one-on-one consultations.
Student Support and Development
- Championing/leading and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students.
Tracking student success and implementing support interventions where required.
Marking, Moderation and Development
Marking of assessments and feedback to students in subjects lectured. May be required to internally moderate assessments scripts that fall within their subject fields, where necessary across IIE sites of delivery.
- Engage in activies for professional development both in subject discipline and teaching practice.
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage work and self proactively
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of effective teaching in subject area based on a reflective practice
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage relationships with managers and staff effectively in terms of motivation, quality and performance
- Passion for Customer Service
- Experience in the use of technology to enhance learning is an added advantage
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree PLUS Postgraduate Diploma/ Bachelors Honours Degree in Education (PGCE or B.Ed). Masters and Doctorate Degrees may be needed for certain vacancies. Higher postgraduate qualification (MEd; MA; Mphil; PhD) preferable. Relevant professional membership if applicable (e.g. SAICA, Law Society, SACE etc.).
- Must have a Chartered Accounting qualification.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant and registered with a professional organisation.
- Relevant Industry experience in your programme of specialty essential. Lecturing or teaching experience preferable.