Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Westville
Direct Reporting Line:Vice-Principal Finance
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE's Varsity College has a vacancy for a : Junior Credit Controller (Fixed Term Contract) - Westville Campus (January 2020 - 31 March 2020)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives accurate payments in relation to fees, sundry payments, supplementary examinations and social events
- Performs daily reconciliation and banking of all payments.
- Liaises with parents and students.
- Checks that the necessary stock is on hand in order to carry out duties.
- Liaises with the bank in relation to defective speed point machines.
- Performs timely and effective collection of all 30 day debt collection.
- Liaises with customers on changes to payment options.
- Resolves queries around payment in relation to billings, credit notes passed and credits not yet passed.
- Provides information on customer accounts.
- Liaises with internal departments regarding student modules, attendance or course changes.
- Checks that there is sufficient cash on hand.
- Checks that that all necessary documentation is received.
- Checks that that all required signatories are on the documents.
- Collects slips and change from cash issued.
- Reconciles petty cash a weekly basis.
- Checks that all necessary documentation required for the processing of internal bursaries to students are in order.
- Captures cheques and EFT's onto spreadsheet.
- Completes the deposit slips and ensures that they are banked.
- Ensures that necessary documentation is attached to payment requests and signed off by management.
- Ensures that the payment confirmation is signed off by the Accountant.
- Files all financial documentation on behalf of the Accountant.
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- Time management skills
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Minimum of National Certificate/ Occupational Certificate Level 4
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year cashier experience
- EE/AA Position
- Please note that this is a Fixed Term role.
- This position commences on : (January 2020 - 31 March 2020)