Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Programme Manager
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE'S Varsity College in Sandton have Law lecturer vacancies in the Social Sciences Department for the following qualifications:
Lecturer: Faculty of Social Sciences (Law Vacancies)
- Communication Skills
Minimum Education Requirements for all Faculty of Social Sciences (Law Vacancies):
- South African LLM
- South African 5 or 4-year law degree (B.Proc and/or LLB).
- Having been admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa and/or
- Having been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa and
- Having successfully completed pupillage by the incumbent is preferable.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements for all Faculty of Social Sciences (Law Vacancies):
One or more of the following:
- Experience in teaching law modules at tertiary level
- Experience in teaching law modules for LEAD (Legal Education and Development)
- Work experience as a practicing attorney, advocate, legal advisor, magistrate, or otherwise in the legal profession
- Work experience in one of the parastatals or Chapter 9 Institutions as a legal advisor; assistant; commissioner at CCMA, a Bargaining Council (BC); a legal advisor for a registered trade union and/or trade union federation; or any other legal position held
- NOTE the incumbents experience is a guiding factor to be taken into consideration.
- Please note that this is an independent contractor role.
- Non EE/AA position.