Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Pretoria
Direct Reporting Line:Vice-Principal Operations
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
Varsity College in Pretoria has a vacancy for the following position : Deputy Vice Principal Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of the academic operations team on site consisting of the Vice Principal Operations, Academic Development Co-ordinator, Student Relations Manager and the Librarian
- Accountable for the management of all academic processes within a department supported by an Academic Assistant
- Maintaining and developing relationships with all stakeholders including students, parents. Lecturers and other staff
- Sourcing, interviewing and short-listing lecturers within a department & managing of overall lecturer recruitment process (managing & tracking of GAPS)
- Management of all operational needs of the lecturers within a department
- Managing of the overall campus assessment process (eg. Signing off GAAF forms & processing reweighting applications, signing off assessments, TII process)
- Ensuring the effective and efficient process for lecturer and student material ordering & distribution (incl management of top up orders)
- Overseeing the overall campus process of recording & reporting of student attendance & results (ensuring attendance & academic reports go out on time and attendance tracking is in place, releasing of results on time (CASS, final & supp results), moderation process)
- Supporting Vice Principal Operations with operational projects where required (e.g. Graduation, IIE Events, Portal Management, Retention Calling)
- Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- English communication and literacy skills
- Excellent organisational and computer skills
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelors Degree or NQF level 7 qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years preferably in either the educational or operational management industry.
- Non EE/AA position.