Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Durban North
Direct Reporting Line:Vice-Principal Operations
The IIEs Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The IIEs Varsity College in Durban North has part-time lecturer vacancies available on the following programme for the 2019 academic year in the IIE's Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching:
- Intermediate Phase Teaching with special interest in English Education
- Communications Skills
- B.Ed. Honours degree or an Honours degree in English or another Humanities/Arts/Social Science Honours degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (at NQF level 8) in IP/SP/FET/HE
- The undergraduate or postgraduate qualification must include a module on Teaching and Learning/Pedagogy.
- The undergraduate qualification must include English as a major (up to third year level) OR
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Education (NQF level 8) must include English as a didactic subject
- Experience in teaching English at the school level is required
- Previous lecturing experience within tertiary environment is advantageous
- Please note that this is an independent contractor role