Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College National Office
Direct Reporting Line:Chief Financial Officer
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The National Office in Waterfall is seeking a Debtors Manager:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set individual and campus targets for incentive purposes according to the approved incentive structure,
- Ensures that credit controllers meet their monthly collection targets.
- Timely resolution of problems/queries on student accounts
- Draws up schedules from outstanding payments from students. Analyse debtors days and implement appropriate procedure for follow up.
- Compile reports and provide feedback to management with regards to the Debtors Accounts
- Develops processes and procedures to ensure risk is minimised.
- Continuous review of outstanding debtor balances and follow up of debtors outside of agreed credit terms.
- Identifies possible risk in respect of payment of fees.
- Ensures that credit controllers have met their daily call rates and that billing adjustments are processed at campuses).
- Conducts audits at campuses to ensure compliance to processes and procedures.
- Give feedback, coaching and guidance in terms of performance to ensure achievement of individual and departmental objectives
- Manages the performance of staff through the performance management system.
- Takes disciplinary action when necessary.
- Authorises bad debt written off (up to certain limits).
- Deals with queries on accounts that have been handed over to pre-legal to recover.
- Monitor telephone calls from credit controllers to check for quality and compliance.
Month End Reporting
- Ensures month end SAM reports on age analysis, credit balance analysis, revenue, exception analysis and cash flows for all campuses are prepared timeously and are up to date.
- Runs the BYOR (summary transaction/one line balance summary) on the Central Administration System (CAMs).
- Communication skills (verbal/written)
- People skills
- Matric or NQF 4 qualification
- Credit management qualification
¢ Credit management role
¢ Staff Management
o Recruitment and Selection
o Performance Management
o Management of discipline in the workplace
- Knowledge of the NCA (National Credit Act)
- Strong in identifying areas which require Internal Controls and Procedures and must be able to implement effectively.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Management experience and skills