Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Durban North
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal -Academic
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To support student learning through learning design and the use of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and analyses technology-based curriculum tools, media and content
- Designs, creates and publishes multimedia and online content including eLearning modules that leverage educational technology tools, digital media, videos, interactive materials and courses for a wide-variety of audiences.
- Plans, designs and models effective digital-age learning spaces and environments leveraging fit-for-purpose cloud-based tools and applications.
eLearning Project Management
- Develops and drives the adoption strategy and tactics to improve educational technology enhanced learning, innovative blended learning initiatives, collaborative projects, networked learning and communities of practice.
- Formulates and implements a communication strategy and tactical plan to support the adoption strategy and promote inclusivity with respect to eLearning pathfinder or ad hoc projects.
- Leads new technology projects with teaching and campus staff and students and applies TQM principles in the evaluation of feedback and improvement cycle.
- Supports Lecturers and Campus Administrators in all content areas in the effective integration of technology in the classroom.
- Works with Lecturers to promote the use of technology inside and outside their classrooms to support and enhance the curriculum, to accelerate learning and utilise assessments to make data-informed decisions.
- Leads campus teams and digital initiatives when it comes to technology integration
Training and Support
- Assists in the development and implementation of instructional technology integration models by working with Lecturers, library media specialist, and instructional partners to establish exceptional activity-based constructivist applications of technology.
- Identifies instructional technology needs and provides for professional learning e.g. developing and providing training with teacher trainers, site preparation, training materials and development of online professional development.
- Promotes effective collaboration and communication among staff and students using digital tools.
- Coordinates projects, staff development and programs throughout the year.
- Keeps abreast of current educational trends and research as related to practices in instructional and educational technology.
- Shares best practices in the use of educational technology.
- Provides one-on-one instruction to end users either face-to-face or remotely.
- Provides advice and counsel to Lecturers on the strategic, tactical and operational issues associated with the use of technology in service of learning for all educational processes.
Assessment of Instructional Materials
- Provides periodic reports on course development and other projects.
- Protects the Colleges investment in technology by efficiently utilising current resources and ensuring value of future opportunities.
- Assists in assessing the effectiveness of course materials that are produced.
- Provides methods for learning needs analysis to ensure the appropriateness of digital instructional materials.
- Project Management
- Education and Training
- Relationship Management
- Needs Analysis
- Bachelors Degree (NQF 7) in Education
- Ideally a masters degree in Education (Educational Technology) or (Instructional Design)
- Experience in Teaching (7 Years)
- Experience in Educational Technology (3 years)
- Drivers Licence and own vehicle essential