Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Westville
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Academics
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Westville campus has a vacancy for a Lecturer (Full Time: Commerce).
The duties include:
- Accountable for the tasks related to lecturing on their programme
- Championing and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and it's students
- Involvement in lecturer orientation
- Track student enrolment and success rates and work with Academic Development Co-ordinators to put the necessary interventions in place
- Responsible marketing, moderation and development on their specific programme
- English Communication and interpersonal skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- Motivational skills
- Understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate an ability to manage work and self pro-actively
- Minimum of an Honors degree or equivalent in Commerce
- Relevant industry experience in your programme of specialty essential
- Lecturing or teaching experience preferable
IIE Varsity College reserves the right not to fill the advertised position.
Please note that the sucessful incumbent will be required to lecture part time programmes in the evenings / night.