Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Student Services and National Sports Manager
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Sandton campus is seeking a Sport Co-ordinator .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the registration process of the VC Sports Club and ensure all students that participate in sporting activities on campus, pay the annual VC Sports Club fees.
- Mange the VC Sports Club for both the Sandton and Waterfall campuses and drive and monitor student participation across all sports clubs on campus.
- Ensure the VC Sports Club caters for students wanting to participate in either an individual and/or team sport.
- Design, manage and co-ordinate, together with the Sports Club Captains, the campus's sports calendar of events/fixtures/practises/leagues both on and off campus.
- Recruitment, selection and management of sports bursary students for all major Varsity College team sports clubs with the main focus being VC Football Club.
- Recruitment, selection and management of the captains for each sports club on campus.
- Manage the administration and growth of the Varsity College Football Club e.g. player management, facilities management etc. Work with the campus PR & Events Coordinator to build the supporter base and social environment of the VC Football Club.
- Provide accurate reporting of all sports activities on both the Sandton and Waterfall campus, within the time frames provided.
- Be accountable for all sporting equipment, playing kit and apparrel owned by each campus's Sports Club and maintain strict stock control procedures.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with regards to venues, leagues and sponsorships.
- Manage and control the campus sports budget.
- Submit information and pictures of all VC Sports Club activities namely, practises, matches, events etc. for all VC social media platforms, press releases, VC website and the VC App.
- High level of organisational, administrative, computer and interpersonal skills required
- Best suited to an energetic, organised person who is gregarious in nature and who also enjoys planning sports events for students
- Effective time management and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of sport and sporting industry
- The requirements include a degree or higher education diploma in either sport management and development or marketing.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience that supports organisational competencies. Experience in sport management is a must.
Please note that the successful candidate would need to work 4 days in Sandton and 1 day in Waterfall.