Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Westville
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Academics
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Westville campus has a vacancy for a Lecturer (Full Time : Education-Foundation Phase)
The Lecturer duties include:
- Part of the academic team on site consisting of the Vice Principal Academic, Academic Development Co-ordinator, Lecturers
- Accountable for the tasks related to lecturing on their programme of choice
- Championing and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students
- Involvement in lecturer orientation
- Track student enrolment and success rates and work with ADCs to put the necessary interventions in place
- Responsible for marketing, moderation and development on their specific programme
- English Communication and interpersonal skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- Motivational skills
- Understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate an ability to manage work and self pro-actively
- Minimum of an Honors degree or equivalent to lecture on undergraduate level. Masters degree preferred. Minimum of a degree or equivalent to lecture on diploma level.
- Relevant Industry experience in your programme of specialty essential. Lecturing or teaching experience preferable.
- We reserve the right to not fill this position should we deem necessary