Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Sandton
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Student Services
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Sandton campus is seeking a PR & Events Co-ordinator.
- Identify media contacts, create and maintain relationships with media, develop new media contacts and work toward consistent print, electronic, radio and TV coverage.
- Understand the brand identity and ensure it is followed on all campus elements (posters, flyers, communication screens and the campus look and feel).
- Write press releases; liaise with the Sports Co-ordinator and Vice Principal Academic Operations and all other staff for input where necessary.
- Brief campus photographer and liaise with other campus staff to ensure an even spread of sport, social, academic, cultural and community engagement events are photographed. Manage campus photography including supply to national office, press and online media.
- Supply national office with a consolidated events calendar for web upload by 25th of the month prior.
- Manage campus photo library and supply national office with material (stories and photographs) for internal and external publications such as OOTB and VConnex
- Understand online and social media marketing and work with national office to supply and monitor content.
- Identify new media and marketing opportunities and pro actively work to increase Varsity College media and positive public perception.
- Liaise with national office in any crisis management situations (media).
- Ensure there is a comprehensive and balanced social and cultural offering both on and off the campus that will in turn positively impact on the marketing of the campus to prospective students.
- Ensure the implementation of all national campus events within the specified timeline and according to the VC brand consistency.
- Encourage student participation to ensure students receive a full and well rounded experience at Varsity College.
- Continually assess the offering and ensure it caters for the entire student body by offering 8 unique events per year.
- Build relationships with third parties to ensure we have practical venues for all events and to ensure we have sponsorship opportunities & prizes for all major campus events.
- Management of the internal advertising for all social, cultural and community engagement events.
- Ensure that the health and safety requirements are met at any Varsity College organised event.
- Provide accurate reporting of all social and cultural events within the time frames provided.
- Manage and adhere to the campus social budget provided.
- Adhere to the national guidelines for all external promotions on campus.
- Assist the SRM manage and run community engagement and awareness campaign events on and off campus.
- Manage the Student Liaison Body.
- Co-ordination and preparation for campus events relating to staff and lecturers' events/functions/conferences/workshops & training
- High level of organisational, administrative, computer and interpersonal skills required
- Drivers license and own transport essential
- Good command of English language (both written and spoken)
- Effective time management skills
- Competent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Best suited to an energetic, motivated person
- Proficient negotiation skills
- PR or Marketing degree or diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year full-time or part-time in either PR & Events.
The IIE Varsity College reserves the right to not to fill the position should we deem necessary.