Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Port Elizabeth
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Student Services
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Port Elizabeth campus has a vacancy for a Sports Co-ordinator.
The Sports Co-ordinator duties include :
- Recruitment and selection of sports bursary students for all major Varsity College team sports and sports clubs to ensure the selection of the best students for each of our major sports clubs.
- Mange the Varsity College Durban North Sports Club and drive and monitor student participation across all Sports Clubs on Campus.
- Design, manage and co-ordinate the campus's sports calendar of events both on and off campus.
- Assist in the administration of the Varsity College Rugby Club and Varsity College Hockey Club with the main focus on building the student element and social environment of both clubs
- Management of all campus sports bursary students and sports captains. * Provide accurate reporting of all sport activities within the time frames provided.
- Be accountable for all sporting equipment and apparrel and maintain strict stock control procedures.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships with regards to venues, leagues and sponsorships.
- Manage and control the campus sports budget.
- Submit up to date information regarding results etc. for all social media networks, press releases and VC website/mobi-site
- High level of organisational, administrative, computer and interpersonal skills required
- Best suited to an energetic, organised person who is gregarious in nature and who also enjoys planning sports events for students
- Effective time management skills
- Good knowledge of sport and sporting industry
- Degree or National Diploma in either sport management and development or marketing
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience that supports organisational competencies.
- Experience in sport management is a must.
Please note that this is a Part Time Role.