Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Midrand
Direct Reporting Line:Senior Deputy Principal
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Waterfall campus has a vacancy for an Academic Operations Administrator.
This a fixed term contract from 01 December 2017 -31 May 2018.
- Data Captures timetables, attendance and marks
- Prints registers and prepares the distribution of attendance reports
- Prepares assessments and stores for safekeeping
- Process assignment submission
- Liaise with lecturers regarding marking of scripts
- Ensures assignments are submitted on time
- Flags and penalises late assignments
- Tracks assessments
- Completes the activity log
- Assists students and parents with academic queries
- Captures communication with students on SAM
- Communicates all academic operational changes to lecturers and students
- Assists the Academic Operations Co-ordinator with implementing the course criteria on timetables and development and distribution of all academic reports
- Manage the programme assessment schedule
- Manages the issuing and stock taking of academic material
- Distributes programme material
- Co-ordinates all lecturer information for analysis
- Minute taking for synergy meetings
- Data capturing for lecturer reviews
- Performs classroom checks
- Academic reception duty when scheduled
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Computer skills advantageous.
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure.
- Best suited to a systematic person with an eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills .
- Minimum of Higher Certificate/ Occupational Certificate in Administration. Diploma or advanced qualification advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 year in administration
- Please note that this is an entry level/junior administrator role.
Varsity College reserves the right not to fill the advertised position.