Campus/Business Unit:Varsity College Port Elizabeth
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal Academic
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd, is a registered private higher education institution.
The Port Elizabeth campus has a vacancy for a Lecturer - IT.
The Lecturer forms part of the academic team on site consisting of the Vice Principal Academic, ADCs and Lecturers. The Lecturer duties include:
- Accountable for the tasks related to lecturing on their programme of choice
- Championing and managing academic development and support for a specific programme and its students
- Involvement in lecturer orientation
- Track student enrolment and success rates and work with ADCs to put the necessary interventions in place
- Responsible for marketing, moderation and development on their specific programme
- English Communication and interpersonal skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- Motivational skills
- Understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate an ability to manage work and self pro-actively
- Proficiency in the following Programming Languages:
- Java,, PHP, C# and Android
- DBMS : SQL Server, Oracle
- HTML, CSS, Programming Logic and Design, System Analysis and Design
- Honours Degree in Information Technology ( BA , BIT , Bsc , Btech BCOM IT /Informatics) or a 3 year Degree in Information Technology and a Post Grad Diploma in IT / Education (NQF 8)
- Relevant Industry experience in your programme of specialty essential. Lecturing or teaching experience preferable.
- We reserve the right to not fill this vacancy should we deem necessary